Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
The Women's Centre aims to provide a female-positive and supportive environment on campus for all women and trans* folks. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, that help create a safe space for everyone. We hold workshops, events film screenings, and guest lectures to educate people on various issues within feminism including intersectional feminism and activism. The centre provides students with resources on issues ranging from intersectional feminism to sexual health with products we provide such as condoms, pads and pregnancy tests. We also hold peer support hours where students can drop by for support on any and all issues. The Women’s Centre also has an extensive library of over 900 books that cover a variety of topics surrounding all women and trans women including plays, poetry, queer theory, indigenous, philosophy/religion/spirituality and employment/education/economy! Subscriptions to magazines such as Bitch and Herizons are available. Make sure to stop by the Centre and come visit us!
We pride ourselves on being intersectional and providing a safe space for students to go; everyone is welcome at the Women's Centre!
The Women's Centre aims to create a positive and safe space for students of all genders, with a special focus on women and trans folks. Our volunteers are trained to provide peer support with an intersectional lens and can help connect you with resources about sexual health, healthy relationships, mental health, and more. We're here to listen, support, and help connect students with other resources within the university and the community.
Spring Term Peer Support Hours: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 2:00pm - 4:00pm (Online via Microsoft Teams)
To request an appointment, please follow the link below to access the peer support form.
Incident Report Form
Have you experienced any issue you want us to know about? Fill in this Incident Report Form to let us know.
Are you passionate about gender and feminist issues? Enjoy working with a team to plan events and helping others? Apply to volunteer with The Women's Centre! Applications will be available on Leads External Link.
Another way to get involved is to submit to our annual March publication, Voices. Please e-mail email@example.com for more information or to submit artistic pieces.
Meetings & Events
Check the events calendar, or The Women’s Centre Facebook Page External Link for upcoming events.
- The Glow Centre for Sexual & Gender Diversity
- The Waterloo Public Interest Research Group (WPIRG)
- Gender and Social Justice Program
- Women In Mathematics
- Women In Engineering
- uWaterloo Health Services
- uWaterloo Counselling Services
- On-Campus Police Services
- Conflict Management & Human Rights Office (CMAHRO)
Waterloo Region Community
- Sexual Assault Support Centre of Waterloo Region
- Planned Parenthood Waterloo Region
- Women’s Crisis Services
- YWCA Kitchener-Waterloo
- KW Counselling Services
Canadian Universities’ Women’s Centres
- RSU Centre for Women and Trans People (Ryerson University)
- The Centre for Women and Trans People (University of Toronto)
- WLU Centre for Women and Trans People* (Wilfred Laurier University)
- Women’s Centre (University of Saskatchewan)
- Women’s Resource Centre (University of Calgary)
- Womyn’s Centre (University of Manitoba)
- Canadian Congress of Learning Opportunities for Women (CCLOW)
- Feminist Collections: A Quarterly of Women's Studies Resources
- National Council of Women in Canada
- National Organization for Women
- Status of Women Canada
- United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Women Entrepreneurs of Canada
- Women Watch
- Women's International Centre
- YWCA of Canada
Activism & Issues
- Amnesty International - Women's Rights
- Human Rights Watch – Women's Rights
- Women's Environment & Development Organization
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
Violence Against Women
History & Biographies
- Feminist Majority Foundation
- The National Women's History Project (U.S.)
- International Organization of Women Pilots
- Timeline of Women's Suffrage
- Women Nobel Prize Laureates
Women In Art & Entertainment
Women's Health & Sexuality
- Canadian Women's Health Network
- Sexuality and U
- Feminist Women's Health Centre
- Prostitutes Education Network
- Susie Bright, the sexpert
Women In Science & Technology
Women In Sport
- Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity
- International Working Group on Women and Sport
- Women's National Basketball Association
We have over one thousand titles in the collection, and that number continues to grow. You can search through the collection by coming into the Centre during office hours to check-out the material. Currently we provide a two-week loan period to anyone who wishes to check out a book. You will be asked to provide: a student ID or government issued photo ID, student number, phone number, address, faculty and email. Once you are entered into our database as a borrower please ensure that each time you check material out your information is up-to-date.
Women's Centre Executives
Need to contact any of the Women's Centre executives? This is where you'll find their contact information!
If you have book/pamphlet/zine recommendations, have ideas for discussions nights or speakers, have writing or art you'd like to submit to Voices use this email!
If you have event ideas or speaker recommendations, have event comments or criticisms, would like to partner with us on an event, reach out to us!
If you have marketing ideas, love or hate our social media presence, want us to share or discuss a particular piece of media or issue using social media, want to know how to find us on Twitter, Tumblr or Facebook, don’t hesitate to reach out!
If you have ideas for educational events or campaigns, have workshops or seminars you would like us to offer/attend let us know!
If you want to be a volunteer, are a volunteer and are going to miss a shift, or find the centre is missing a certain resource (condoms, lube, pregnancy tests, etc.) let us know!
If you have any stories or experiences of being marginalized in society or have any ideas on events, socials, or panels that raise awareness of these injustices reach out to us!
Contact us if you have any general inquiries or comments (including criticisms!), want to work on an advocacy campaign, would like to partner on an event, would like to book a peer support session, would like to know what Women's Centre is (and/or where it is), have anything else you feel like emailing us about.
Student Life Centre
200 University Ave West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1