Your Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) negotiates with GRT so we can have unlimited, safe and affordable access to public transportation across the Waterloo region.
Eligible students can tap their Watcard before riding and enjoy both the bus and light rail systems.
This program uses collective bargaining, by WUSA on behalf of all undergraduates, to save each student over $850 over the course of the school year. That’s a savings of over $3200 in a typical 4-year degree.Students must have a Canadian bank account on Quest by the end of October in order to receive their direct deposit refund later this term. If not, that credit will roll over into paying towards your next term of fees.
For bus/ION schedules, visit the GRT website.
Don’t forget to thank your friendly bus driver!
All full-time, Waterloo Undergraduates can ride.
These conditions affect your access to GRT’s systems:
- Full-time students: You must be taking at least three courses (or 1.5 credits) to automatically be charged the U-Pass fee on Quest.
- New Watcard: Tap verification with a brand new WatCard should start working in 2 to 4 days. GRT’s data gets updated on a daily basis by WatCard on behalf of WUSA.
- Did you just become Fees arranged? Tap verification systems will take 2 to 4 days to update.
- GBDA: You were not automatically charged in case you live in Stratford full-time. You can buy into a U-Pass at the discounted rate at the SLC or DC Turnkey Desk.
- Eligible for a refund this term?
- Students who are charged the fee but are enrolled in a term where they are not enrolled full-time in on campus classes are eligible for a refund.
- Student who paid fees in a term where they are on professional or academic placement outside the Waterloo Region are eligible for refund.
- Other cases are available in Part IX of the UPASS Agreement
- The Winter 2023 UPass fee Refund request form will be open here January 5-27, 2023.