Calling all big-idea people! Do you want to improve our lounges, study rooms and student space? Do you have awesome ideas, but need some help with the funding? WUSA can help!
Our Student Life Endowment Fund exists to help students fund these types of projects and more. Since the Spring of 1992, undergraduate students have contributed to the Endowment Fund, which was initiated as part of the ‘Coordinated Plan to Improve the Quality of Student Life at UW’. Today, the fund stands in excess of $1 million. The interest on the fund is used each year to support various projects on campus.
Normally, in order to be awarded a grant, the project needs to fit within the following priorities for disbursement:
- The improvement of health, wellness, and safety on all campuses
- The improvement of accessibility on all campuses
- The renovation to student operated or managed spaces
- Connecting students to available university resources
- The improvement of current lounge and study spaces
- Activities promoting or furthering the academic goals of the Federation of Students
- Joint projects with Municipal or Regional governments that improve student well-being
Any projects outside the sphere of these priorities are eligible for funding, but as funds are limited, such projects will receive slow and careful consideration before awards are granted.