Trans Student Bursary - Application Form

The Trans Student Bursary program allows those students in need of assistance, potential access to funding for the following needs:

  • Legal Name Change in your home province
  • Sex Designation Change on birth registration or certificate

To apply for this bursary you must be a current (have at least 2 semesters within a year) UW undergrad currently enrolled in at least one course. This form will be sent to the VPSL of WUSA as well as their Equity Commissioner who will then make the final decision. Applications cannot be retroactive. All information provided in this application will be kept confidential.

Please note that the maximum amount you are eligible to receive is $200.

Information and privacy: questions regarding the collection of information on this form can be directed to the form administrator.

Are you an undergraduate student with the University of Waterloo?
Are you receiving financial support from your family?
Are you eligible for OSAP?
This question is purely for information and will not be a deciding factor.
Have you applied for any grants, scholarships, or other kinds of government funding outside of OSAP?
Please describe how this scholarship might assist you in the process.
Please provide an explanation.