Student Life Center (SLC) | Health and Safety Update
Thursday, March 10, 2022
Hey Warriors! Have you had a chance to check out the SLC expansion? If you have or have not, come on by to dine, lounge, study, and more with us in the recently opened expansion!
As restrictions around COVID-19 are loosening both on campus and nationwide, here is what you need to know about navigating the SLC as of March 1, 2022:
- The SLC dining area is open 24/7 with 100% capacity and all food outlets operating.
- The SLC dining area has had barriers removed and no vaccination passports are required.
- Masks may be removed when seated to eat. Users not eating are required to wear masks.
- Microwaves are back! Two (2) are in the 2nd floor Lounge/ Study Space. One (1) is in the study space near the courtyard entrance.
Study and Lounge Spaces
- As for the lounge and study spaces in the building, these too will be open 24/7 and at 100% capacity, with no requirements on physical distancing – masks must be worn when not eating or drinking in the space. Users can remove masks to eat quickly when seated. Drinks may be consumed by lowering mask, sipping, and raising mask.
- Additional seating has already been added to the Great Hall and 2nd floor.
- Study rooms are back to their full capacity (which can range from 4-12 people depending on the room). There are currently 12 study rooms available for use, and 8 more rooms will be added in the near future.
- Masks are required in the study rooms and eating/drinking are not permitted in these areas.
Multi-purpose Rooms, Multi-Faith Rooms, and More
- The Black & Gold Room and MPR are both back to full capacity (120 people, and 90 people respectively). Here, masks are required at all times, only to be taken off when seated to eat or drink.
- The Multi-Faith Room is also increasing capacity to 100% (120 people). Masks are required at all times and eating is not permitted in this space.
- The Vaccine Clinic, located in the SLC basement (where the W Store used to be located), offers walk-ins for vaccine doses and boosters – no appointments required! Check into our @yourWUSA socials for more updates! [The clinic is not open every day and is subject to availability from Public health].
Also, if you are ever in need of a mask while on campus, stop by the Turnkey Desk in the SLC and DC!
For more updates regarding COVID-19 restrictions and mask requirements, stay tuned via the @yourwusa socials, as we’ll be sharing all info as it comes. Stay safe, Warriors!