March Board Meeting Re-Cap
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
Hello Warriors! It’s time for another monthly Board meeting re-cap!
- The March Board meeting started on a positive note by the Board providing feedback on the member-submitted proposal; proceeding to approve the agenda for the 2023 General Meeting.
- There was also a draft proposal that was received by the Board and members were encouraged to review and provide feedback.
- The bulk of the discussion for this Board meeting was focused on issues and guidelines surrounding the Policy 42; a policy that revolves around sexual violence prevention.
- In terms of the Policy 42, the Board discussed various concerns such as: the student leaders facing issues providing a safe place for sexual assault/harassment, lack of clarity on jurisdiction for when problems arise between a Waterloo and Laurier student, need for clarity on how the policy protects students, lack of university transparency in communicating steps taken to ensure students feel safer on campus, lack of availability of data or information on general solutions and outcomes on how to check if Policy 42 is working as intended.
- Lack of clear or estimated timelines on when complaints filed regarding Policies 33 and 42 will be resolved, and the possibility of developing a student code of conduct so that the policies relating to students can be easily accessible, were discussed as well.
- The last discussion on the endowment fund centered around the pending approval of the amendment to section 4a, and the review of various funds to be presented to the Board.
That’s all for now! Thanks for tuning into our March re-cap, make sure to check out our next update in the upcoming weeks!