Here are some suggestions:
- Plan ahead: consider alternative transportation options, such as walking, cycling, scootering, carpooling, or ride-sharing services like Uber or Lyft.
- If you are a driver and open to helping, check in with bussing friends to see if they need a ride.
- Check the ION train schedule, as trains will continue to operate.
- Provide your feedback directly to GRT here
- If you have concerns or questions, please call 519-585-7555 or for deaf and hard of hearing customers (TTY) at 519-575-4608.
We understand that this situation may be challenging for many of you, and we want to assure you that we are here to support you. We will be monitoring the situation closely and will keep you updated on potential alternative supports that will be available if an agreement is not met by the start of spring classes on May 8th.
For those affected by the labour disruption, there are a number of campus transportation resources available, including:
The University has access to free carpool matching software through its membership in the Region of Waterloo TravelWise program, which can help employees and students share rides to campus. Drivers and people seeking rides can use TravelWise to get matched. You can register as a student here.
We will update you via our Instagram and Twitter channels as we learn more and will send a follow-up email with further information if disruption continues.