Service Description: Welcome to the WUSA Thrift Store – one of WUSA’s newest on-campus sustainability projects! We are looking for folks with a passion for sustainability and fashion to help us bring accessible and resourceful ways for students to get involved in creating a greener university experience. With this, the WUSA Thrift Store hopes to offer alternatives to fast fashion, and accessible clothing at a reduced price.
Benefits of Volunteering with the Thrift Store: Spend your volunteer time meeting like-minded people and educating others on accessible sustainable options. Our team of volunteers will be able to share their opinions and their ideas for making an inclusive sustainable environment! Additionally, we will have many opportunities for volunteers to interact with their teammates and spend time together working on sustainability projects, or in team socials! All volunteers will also receive an appreciation gift at the end of the semester for their amazing work with us.
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Thrift Store Manager
Effective date: January 9th, 2023 – April 7th 2023
Weekly Time Commitment: 1-3 hours per week, including a weekly executive meeting
- Greet customers and assist in their shopping needs
- Wash clothing to get it ready to sell
- Pick up and deliver clothing from our storage unit on campus and deliver to thrift store
- Help customers access our gender neutral changerooms
- Help facilitate clothing drives and sustainability awareness campaigns
- Create a welcoming and positive environment for customers!
Requirements and assets for the role:
- Willingness to help
- Reliability and professionalism
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Customer service or sustainability knowledge an asset
- Nice to have: access to a vehicle to drop off clothing to thrift store from storage unit
In order to volunteer with the Thrift Store, all volunteers must complete an in-person training session led by the WUSA Thrift Manager. In this training, volunteers will be introduced to the new store, our practices, and get to know their team!
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.