Cheques are printed on the date listed inside your account by request only. Here’s how it can be picked up:
- Come into the store with your photo I.D. to pick it up.
- Fill out the book/cheque pick-up form (PDF). Have someone bring it in and pick up your cheque.
- Send in a self-addressed stamped envelope with your student number on the back and a completed and signed Cheque Mail-out Form (PDF).
*All cheques expire six months from date of printing (Canada Bank policy).
During the first six months if your cheque is lost, stolen or misplaced there is no charge for a stop payment. Cheques that are between six and twelve months old can be reprinted if we have the original cheque. There is a limit of one free reprint within the first 12 months. There is a fee of $35 for additional reprints.
Stale dated cheques that are between six and twelve months can be reissued if we have the original cheque. All cheques over twelve months old cannot be reprinted.
Sometimes, Used Bookstore will buy your current edition textbooks even if they are no longer in use at Waterloo. We deal with companies in the US that supply textbooks to colleges and universities. If your book is listed in their catalogues we will pay you upfront in cash for it and export it (below $10 we will give you cash, above $10 we will put the money directly onto your debit card).
There are 3 ways to check for export prices:
- Come into the store we will scan your books through our system and let you know the export price.
- Send us an email, and we will let you know the export price.
- Give us a call (519-888-4567 ext. 32390) and we will let you know the export price.
If no price is displayed when students check the export price, there are other ways for them to sell it. Books that are not acceptable for consignment or export, can be re-cycled with us if you do not want to carry them back.