Who you are:
You’re an undergraduate student at the University of Waterloo with a passion for helping the university community. You will be helping your fellow students, staff and the general public at the Turnkey Desks in either the SLC or DC. We are looking for a few fresh faces to join our team.
Hours per week:
Approximately 8-24 hours per week. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so you are available for a wide variety of hours throughout the week. Overnight availability is a requirement.
What you’ll do:
• Provide customer service to our Guests at the desk
• Sell bus tickets for GO Transit, PRESTO, Grand River Transit & Fed Bus
• Sell movie passes
• Provide WatCard services
• Provide front desk services for WUSA and assist with UPass & other WUSA programs
• Provide information and direction
• Book & sign out spaces in the SLC
• Provide assistance for events happening in the SLC
• DJ – select the music in the SLC
• Monitor, and supervise building operations & safety
Nice to have:
• Past customer service experience is an asset – retail, food service, transit, movie theatres
• Knowledge of Campus & the tri-cities.
• Ability to use Microsoft Teams, Office 365
• Knowledge of transit (local, Southern Ontario)
• First aid certified
Please submit your resume, cover letter and availability (with class schedule).
NOTE: DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF INTEREST IN THIS POSITION, NOT EVERY APPLICANT WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW. POSTING MAY CLOSE WHEN THE POSITION IS FILLED.