Website Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA)
As a member of the WUSA Marketing department, the Media Team Member will report to and work closely with the Marketing Specialists and Creative Lead to produce videos and take photos for wusa.ca and @yourWUSA social media channels. This role will focus more on videography, specifically video editing, however there will also be some photography work depending on availability.
The role is hybrid. You will need to be in person to cover various events and to gather content but can choose to work remotely while editing. However, you are always welcome to work out of WUSA’s marketing pit located in the Student Life Centre to meet other student creatives & marketing staff! This role will begin in the Winter 2024 term.
Hours per week:
- Approximately 5-10 hours per week.
- Interested candidates must be available during WUSA office hours for weekly shifts (Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM).
- The selected candidates will also be assigned shifts on an on-call basis during evenings and weekends, depending on the events that are being hosted. They will be notified in advance if support outside office hours is needed. Some evening and weekend availability is required for this role.
What you’re good at:
- Different styles of photography: flash, lifestyle, portrait, product, sports, journalism, etc.
- Storytelling & storyboarding
- Editing videos for reels and YouTube while adhering to brand guidelines– both shortform and longform content
- Receiving feedback and working collaboratively (& independently too!)
- Ability to meet quick deadlines & work in a fast-paced environment
- Organized & communicative
What you’ll do:
- Produce high-quality, informative and creative content for social media using the Adobe Suite (Premiere Pro, Lightroom, Photoshop, etc.)
- Showcase our clubs, students, and commercial services through visual media
- Script, schedule, shoot, produce and edit video content for wusa.ca and social platforms
- Conduct research as needed on trends and ideas
- Be on-site for events including Welcome Week, Clubs Fair, and Therapy Dogs to capture content
Not sure if you want to apply?
Check out the amazing work the current Media Team does over at @yourwusa.
Interested? Submit your:
- Work samples
- Winter term availability (class schedule, weekends/evening availability & any other commitments that we should know about!)
Applications missing any of the 3 components will not be considered.
You must sign in to apply for this position.