· Connect with Service Coordinator to establish goals and intended outcomes prior to the term
· Engage with students on the Facebook group page consistently by posting once a week (minimum)
· Plan and execute 3 online events to connect students with each other in a meaningful way within their region.
· Create an accepting and welcoming online environment for all co-op students
· Act as the student mentor for the co-op students in your region by answering their questions and concerns on Facebook and via email in a timely manner.
· Regularly create and post engaging new content on your Region’s Facebook Group to connect UWaterloo co-op students with each other and their co-op community; more information and training for social media content will be discussed at the training
· Share local information and content with Service Coordinator, as needed, for posting to Co-op Connections social media platforms
· Connect with the Co-operative Education student advisors in your area to learn and share important information with your Region. For example, know who is CEE’s mental health advisor in your area in the event a student comes forward with a wellness-related concern.
· Where applicable, collaborate with the UWaterloo Alumni Chapter in your region to promote any applicable alumni events to students.
Requirements for the Role:
· Must be organized, motivated and dependable
· Be genuinely interested in making co-op more enjoyable for all students and building a sense of community
· Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
· Strong customer service skills; able to adapt to the needs of students
· Ability to work both independently and on a team
· Proven problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making abilities
· Experience with Facebook and Instagram required
· Experience in planning and executing events and activities preferred
· Experience with online event planning preferred but not necessary
· General social media skills are considered a strong asset
To receive your $250 honorarium at the end of the term, you need to:
· Plan, promote, and execute 3 formal online events to establish Co-op Connection’s presence online and to facilitate connections between students
· Engage with students in your Regional Facebook Page by posting engaging content once a week (minimum)
· Introduce students to key contacts within your Regional community via your Facebook Group (e.g., Mental Health Advisor)
· Typical content to post will be discussed in training and throughout the term
· Must be able to attend a 2-hour training. *Date TBD. Please check the box in the application form.
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.