Please note we cannot accommodate students on a co-op term who will be working full-time hours. This is due to coordinators needing to be available regularly during the day to run their operations. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Service Description: The mission of Co-op Connection is to connect UWaterloo students on co-operative work terms in the same cities. Co-op Connection provides social programming, peer support and information from the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) in order to enhance communication and advocate for the needs of co-op students.
**Please note that we cannot accommodate students who will be on a co-op term. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
Job title: Coordinator, Co-op Connection (2 Term Contract – Fall 2022 & Winter 2023)
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: WUSA Services Manager
Weekly Hours: Up to 15/Hrs per week
Rate: $16.00 /hr
Effective Date: August 30th, 2022
End Date: April 29th, 2023
Benefits of Working for Co-op Connection:
– Networking with CEE and Alumni
– Build supervisory skills
– Manage a team of dedicated volunteers
– Creative collaborations to engage in meaningful event planning
Role Description: The co-op connection coordinator oversees all external city activities and executive roles both on and off campus. This individual is responsible for helping all team members fulfill their respective roles, through providing training, being available for meetings and/or email correspondence with execs and ambassadors, and supporting the events and activities of each key area.
– Guide and oversee all on-site activities to ensure that City Ambassadors are fulfilling their responsibilities in line with our mission and respond to their questions.
– Create partnerships with the University administration and alumni to strengthen and enhance the service
– Manage the budget for the term and continue to contact potential sponsors
– Coordinate team building and appreciation initiatives throughout the term, including, but not limited to an end of term dinner or activity
– Respond in a timely manner to any inquiries through the Co-op Connection email address and social media
– Evaluate and manage the main Facebook page and city-specific groups, as well as other social media channels
– Promote the service to the community through outreach to various organizations both on and off campus
– Hiring and training of the Executives to: Staff Office hours, organize on-campus promotion, maintain Social media platforms
– Motivate and manage a team of executives and ambassadors
– Host one student engagement event on campus or online to create awareness around the Service’s operations
– Recruit incoming City Ambassadors, Volunteers, and Executive Team
– Attend a weekly meeting with the Services Manager and must submit an end of term report in accordance with the WUSA policies and procedures
– Submit hours tracking and payroll information as required
Requirements and assets for the role:
– Previous Co-op experience and understanding of the co-op program strongly preferred
– Must be a current undergraduate student at the University of Waterloo and enrolled in the term(s) indicated
– Strong volunteer management skills and proven leadership attributes
– Must be committed to fulfilling the required hours to ensure quality of service
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to lead a team, engage and motivate
– Able to make timely decisions, independently and with a group
– Strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
– Ability to prioritize and multi-task
– Event management and planning experience
– Strong knowledge of social media
Required to attend training with WUSA Services Manager prior to official start date (dates TBA)
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating experience and how you meet the requirements of the role to email@example.com with the subject line “WUSA Co-op Connection Coordinator Fall 2022 Application” no later than July 17th at 11:59pm.
You must sign in to apply for this position.