World Bicycle Day Contest
Thursday, June 2, 2022
Friday, June 3rd, 2022, 1:00 PM EST – Tuesday, June 7, 2022, 1:00 PM EST
Description of Contest
Nothing beats the pure delight of riding a bicycle 🚲 and we want to see your passion this bike month! @uwbikecentre is hosting a giveaway to celebrate World Bicycle Day: Post a picture on your IG story of you and your bike and mention @uwbikecentre in the post! Your name will be entered into a random draw for the chance to win some super cool WUSA swags!
- How to enter
No purchase is required.
- Follow the @yourWUSA and @uwbikecentre Instagram account
- Ensure your account is set to public (so we can see your submission!)
- Post your photo with you and your bike on your IG story and tag @uwbikecentre
Only one entry is permitted per person. If entrants attempt or are suspected of attempting to enter using robotic, automatic, programmed, or any entry methods not authorized by these rules, it shall be deemed as tampering and will void said entries. Hate or hurtful speech, bullying, and/or harassment will result in a ban from the contest and potentially future contests held by the @yourWUSA social accounts.
- The contest is open to all current University of Waterloo undergraduates.
- Entrant’s Instagram account MUST set to public so @yourWUSA can see your post.
- Procedure for awarding prize
- On June 7th, after 1:00 PM, a random draw will be conducted by the WUSA Marketing Coordinator from among all eligible entries.
- Winners will be notified that their compliment was selected through the direct messaging functionality on Instagram within 48 hours of submissions closing.
- A WUSA staff member will ask for your name, program, year of study, UWaterloo email address, and to correctly answer the mandatory mathematical skill-testing question.
- Once the questions are answered and the entrant is confirmed to be a current undergrad, they/she/he shall be declared the winner, subject to meeting all the conditions described in these rules.
- If the winner cannot be reached within 4 days following the first attempt of contact, incorrectly answers the mathematical skill-testing question, or declines the prize, the prize shall be forfeited and WUSA has the right, at its sole discretion, to select another winner by following the procedure as outlined above.
- Description of prize(s)
Three (3) prize packages will be awarded made up of the following:
- WUSA KeyChain
- WUSA Mask
- WUSA Socks
- Entries must be submitted via the official contest platform [Instagram Stories]. Entries sent in other ways will not be accepted.
- To be declared a winner, the selected contestant must first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question
- The photographer must be the author of the pictures submitted in his/her/their name. Pictures pulled from other sources and submitted into the contest will be disqualified.
- Photographs must contain at least one (1) bicycle and one (1) person. Any photographs that are submitted where the entrant appears to be operating a bicycle and using their phone at the same time will be disqualified.
- All entrants must receive consent from anyone in the image before submitting the photograph into the contest.
- This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any social media platform including, but not limited to Instagram.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, using any robotic, automatic programmed method that artificially increases the odds of winning or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified.
- Hate speech, bullying, and/or harassment of any kind will not be tolerated and will result in disqualification from the contest and potentially all other contests associated with the @yourWUSA social accounts.
- All personal information, such as name and contact information, is collected by WUSA solely for the purposes of administering this Contest and shall not be used for any other purpose without your express consent. By providing this information, you consent to it being used for the stated purposes.
- By entering, you agree to abide by the Contest rules.