Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Who you are:
You’re an undergrad at the University of Waterloo who believes there’s no better way to tell a story than through visual media! You catch what others might miss and are big on the small details. Hours seem to pass like minutes when you’re editing and you love finding just the right song to set the tone of a video.
Hours per week:
Approximately 10 hours per week.
*For the Spring 2021 term, positions are remote/work from home. Interested candidates need to have some availability to communicate with their supervisor during office hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM).
What you’re good at:
- All the things before “lights, camera, action”
- Storytelling and storyboarding
- Final Cut/Soundtrack/Logic Pro’s, Adobe After Effects, and motion graphics
- Post-production; editing, distributing, etc.
- Receiving feedback and working collaboratively (& independently too!)
What you'll do:
- Produce high-quality, informative and creative content
- Showcase our clubs, student, and commercial services through visual media
- Script, schedule, shoot, produce and edit video content for wusa.ca and social platforms
- Share project progress in half-hour weekly meetings
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects). Experience with Office 365 (Microsoft Teams) is considered an asset
- Past marketing and/or promotional experience is an asset
- Knowledge about WUSA and how it contributes to student life on campus is considered an asset
How you’ll reach us:
Share your resume, cover letter and linked portfolio with Seun Adetunji at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “WUSA Videographer Application.”