Copyright © 2019 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
WUSA Promotional Representative
First-year students, starting in September, are more than welcome to apply!
To further the Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) engagement with and amplifying the student voice at Waterloo, the WUSA Promotional Representatives operate on three key values: confidence, optimism and approachability. The team is composed of outgoing and positive students who assist in strategic marketing and planned promotions with the goal to enhance student awareness of WUSA and all programs, services, and initiatives that it coordinates.
Workload: Expect 5-20 hours per week, with possibility of increased hours during special events throughout the year (Welcome Week, Elections, etc)
Pay: $14/hr, increases with good review
Work hours: Available to work shifts from 10am-2pm throughout the week – open to working outside these hours on occasion.
- Enthusiastic and positive undergraduate students who possess a strong desire to help marketing efforts reach their full potential
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate and involved within the UWaterloo community
- Proven ability to think in creative and unconventional ways
- Previous marketing, promotions or sales experience is a strong asset
- Knowledge of WUSA and it's clubs, student services, advocacy efforts, student government, events and commercial services
- Social media presence is an asset
Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Marketing Specialists, the WUSA Promotional Representatives are responsible for a number of initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Creating interest and excitement for WUSA events and services by distributing flyers and promotional giveaways to engage students
- Assisting the Marketing Specialists in the process of brainstorming new and innovative approaches to engage students
- Providing feedback to the Marketing Specialists regarding current promotions and initiatives
- Collecting survey information and opinions from students
- Posting advertising materials across campus
All interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter and term availability to email@example.com by August 16, 8pm.