Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
WUSA Promo Team Member - Spring 2020
To further the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) engagement with and amplifying the student voice at Waterloo, WUSA Promotional Representatives operate on three key values: confidence, optimism, and approachability. The team is composed of outgoing and positive students who assist in strategic marketing and planned promotions with the goal to enhance student awareness of WUSA and its programs, services, and initiatives.
Workload: Expect 5-20 hours per week, with possibility of increased hours during special events throughout the year (Welcome Week, Elections, etc)
Pay: $14/hr, increases with good review
Work hours: Available to work shifts from 10 AM - 2 PM throughout the week – open to working outside these hours on occasion.
- Enthusiastic and positive undergraduate students who possess a strong desire to help marketing efforts reach their full potential
- Team player
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate and involved within the UWaterloo community
- Proven ability to think in creative and unconventional ways
- Previous marketing, promotions, or sales experience is a strong asset
- Knowledge of WUSA and its programs, services, and initiatives
- Social media presence is an asset
Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Marketing Specialists, WUSA Promotional Representatives are responsible for a number of initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Creating interest and excitement for WUSA events and services by distributing flyers and promotional giveaways to engage students
- Assisting the Marketing Specialists in the process of brainstorming new and innovative approaches to engage students
- Providing feedback to the Marketing Specialists regarding current promotions and initiatives
- Collecting survey information and opinions from students
- Posting advertising materials across campus
All interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, and Winter 2020 term availability via email with "Promotions Team Application Spring 2020" in the subject line to email@example.com
The deadline is Wednesday March 25, 2020 at 4 PM.