Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
WUSA Graphic Designer
Who you are:
You’re an undergrad at the University of Waterloo, who enjoys being creative and has an eye for design. You are great at creating visual solutions and getting the message across with a high visual impact. You enjoy producing unique designs, engaging with your audience, and sharing ideas. This position will assist in the advertising and communicating of WUSA, with the goal to enhance student awareness of WUSA and all programs, services, and initiatives that it coordinates.
Hours per week:
Approximately 10 hours per week.
*For the Spring 2021 term, positions are remote/work from home. Interested candidates need to have some availability to communicate with their supervisor during office hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM).
What you’re good at/what you’ll do:
- Generating promotional materials, including (but not limited to) items such as print promotional materials (posters, banners, flyers, pamphlets, etc.), digital assets and animated graphics/videos, logos, swag designs, etc.
- Mixing your design skills, ideas for visual media, and student insight with WUSA Brand Standards, to create successful designs
- Editing already existing promotional graphics for your department's events, initiatives, and campaigns
- Research design ideas for specific projects, as needed
- Experience and knowledge in graphic design and a strong skillset with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects). Experience with Office 365 (Microsoft Teams) is considered an asset
- Graphic design using Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Video editing, motion graphics, or animations using Adobe After Effects or Premiere
- Photo editing using Adobe Lightroom
- Enthusiastic and positive mindset
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently on an array of projects.
- Ability to think in creative and unconventional ways while designing for clients under tight deadlines.
- Bring student insight and knowledge of the Waterloo campus community to projects
Nice to have:
- Past marketing and/or promotional experience is an asset.
- Knowledge about WUSA and how it contributes to student life on campus is considered an asset.
How you’ll reach us:
Share your resume, cover letter and linked portfolio (or sample pieces) with Alayna Pinto at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “WUSA Graphic Designer Application.”