Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
WUSA Governance and Elections Events Coordinator (GEEC)
Reports to: Director, Student Engagement; Campus Life Department
Term length: December 7, 2020 – April 30, 2021
Job category: Part-time (10-15 hours/week) during electoral events and 1-3 hours a week otherwise. Must be available to work special event days.
Travel required: Occasional to satellite campuses
Wage: Starting at $15/hour
References required: No
Contact person email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WUSA is hiring a Governance and Elections Events Coordinator (GEEC) to assist with the creation and execution of governance and elections-related promotions. The Coordinator will support the planning and execution of governance-focused events, including the 2021 WUSA General Election.
In the planning of events for the General Election, the GEEC will assist the Special Events Coordinator to create and execute events to increase awareness of and enhance student engagement with WUSA Elections. These events will provide opportunities for students to connect with their candidates and engage in the elections process. In addition, the GEEC will assist the President in the planning and execution of meetings of Students’ Council and of the WUSA membership (e.g. Town Halls, General Meeting).
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Event Planning and Management
● Plans logistics for and execute all events related to WUSA General Elections;
● Plans logistics for and execute, in collaboration with the Director, Student Engagement, events related to WUSA governance;
● Assists with planning and logistics for WUSA Students’ Council meetings, General Meetings, Town Halls, and the General Election.
● Generates interest in and raise awareness of WUSA Students’ Council meetings, General Meetings, Town Halls, and the General Election by planning and executing events;
● Develops and undertakes outreach project(s) in alignment with the executive action plan
● Assists and supports staff in the process of brainstorming new and innovative approaches to encourage students to engage in WUSA governance and the General Elections;
● Gather and report feedback to the Director, Student Engagement on events, promotions, initiatives and students’ voting experiences in collaboration with marketing staff
● Assists and supports staff in determining whether promotions and events achieved their objectives
● Works with the Marketing Department to promote events and initiatives to the membership;
● Additional duties as assigned by the Special Events Coordinator
● Current undergraduate student of the University of Waterloo
● Strong ability to think and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways
● Excellent organization, communication, and problem solving skills
● Previous event planning experience is not required but a strong asset to the role
● A desire to assist, engage, and encourage students to get involved in the elections process is an asset
● Knowledge of and familiarity with WUSA’s student governance is an asset
● Undergraduate students who are currently running in a WUSA election or who will run in the 2021-2022 General Election are not eligible for this position
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com prior to Dec 1, 2020 at 11:59pm. Interviews will be in the following week. If you have any questions about this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and cc’ Abbie Simpson (email@example.com).