Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
WUSA Elections and Governance Events Coordinator
Contact person: Michael Beauchemin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: President
Pay rate: $15/hour
WUSA is hiring an Elections and Governance Events Coordinator to assist with the creation and execution of elections-related promotions and events for the 2019 WUSA General Election and to help in the planning and execution of governance-focused events.
In the planning of events for the General Election, the Coordinator will assist the Chief Returning Officer increase awareness of and enhance student engagement with WUSA Elections, and will aim to ensure that students are informed of the different candidates and their priorities by providing opportunities for students to interact with candidates prior to voting. In the planning of governance events, the Coordinator will assist the President in the planning and execution of meetings of Students’ Council and of the WUSA membership.
- Generate interest and raise awareness of WUSA Students’ Council meetings, General Meetings, Town Halls, and the General Election by proposing promotional ideas, planning and executing events, and interacting with students around campus;
- Assist the President and support staff in the process of brainstorming new and innovative approaches to encourage students to engage in WUSA governance and the General Elections;
- Plan logistics for and execute all events related to WUSA General Elections;
- Plan logistics for and execute, in collaboration with the President, events related to WUSA governance;
- Gather and report feedback on events, promotions, initiatives and students’ voting experiences in collaboration with marketing staff to the President and relevant support staff; and
- Assist the President and support staff in determining whether promotions and events achieved their objectives
- Current UWaterloo undergraduate student
- Strong ability to think and solve problems in creative and unconventional ways
- Excellent organization, communication, and problem solving skills
- Previous event planning experience is not required but a strong asset to the role
- A desire to assist, engage, and encourage students to get involved in the elections process is an asset
- Knowledge and familiarity with WUSA’s student governance is an asset
- Undergraduate students who are currently running or who will run in the 2020-2021 General Election are not eligible for this position
For a total of 16 weeks, approximately 5-10 hours of work per week will be required during the month of December (except when the University is closed), increasing to between 10-20 hours per week in January, February, and March. Applications from those who are currently on a work term will be accepted, but will be contingent on the availability of the candidate to work on-campus during the Winter 2019 academic term
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply and should submit their application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com. Please include your resume, a cover letter highlighting your experience, and your availability for the months of December, January, and February, if available.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, December 8, 2019 at 23:59