Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
WUSA Communications Assistant
Who you are:
You’re an undergrad at the University of Waterloo majoring in whatever, but passionate about writing. There’s a journal on your nightstand or a blog out there in the world with your name on it. You’re a curious thinker who knows just what to ask to find the story. You’re eager to make sure our virtual campus community stays plugged into everything WUSA and knows that no matter where they are, they can rely on you for the student perspective.
Hours per week:
Approximately 10 hours per week.
*For the Spring 2021 term, positions are remote/work from home. Interested candidates need to have some availability to communicate with their supervisor during office hours (Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM).
What you’re good at:
- Asking questions (that includes asking for help!)
- Compelling storytelling
- Managing your time between work and school projects
- Receiving constructive feedback on your writing
- Meeting deadlines!
What you'll do:
- Write spotlights on our clubs and services
- Pitch/write creative and compelling stories for wusa.ca
- Interview students, service coordinators, clubs, full-time staff, etc.
- Attend virtual events (when available/applicable)
- Share project progress in half-hour weekly meetings
Nice to have:
- Past marketing and/or promotional experience is an asset
- Knowledge about WUSA and how it contributes to student life on campus is considered an asset
How you’ll reach us:
Share your resume, cover letter and linked portfolio with Alayna Pinto at email@example.com with the subject “WUSA Communications Assistant Application.”