Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Women’s Centre Coordinator (2 Term Contract – Spring 2021 & Fall 2021)
Service Description: The Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Food Support Service is a student-run, non-profit organization. Its main function is to provide confidential assistance to undergraduate and graduate students to meet their basic needs. Our office is stocked with variety of non-perishable food items and personal hygiene products. We additionally run unique projects and events to raise awareness of hunger problems and to raise food for our service and needy groups in the local area.
Job title: Coordinator, Women’s Centre (2 Term Contract – Spring 2021 & Fall 2021)
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: WUSA Services Manager
Weekly Hours: Up to 25/Hrs per week
Rate: $16.00 /hr
Effective date: May 3rd, 2021
End Date: December 23rd, 2021
Benefits of Working for the Women’s Centre:
Coordinating allows you to make decisions with your exec team to better the functioning of the Women’s Centre, and to work towards connecting students with resources on issues ranging from intersectional feminism to sexual health with products we provide such as condoms, pads and pregnancy tests.. You will gain invaluable experience with working in a team, working within a budget, creating and planning events, and overseeing the functioning of an entire service!
Role Description: The coordinators are responsible for the overall day-to-day administration and operations of Women’s Centre, the organizational culture, volunteer management, training and development, and external representation of The Women’s Centre on campus.
- Overall logistics and general operations of The Women’s Centre including the physical space and safety for all volunteers and visitors
- Supervision, training and support for the exec and volunteers
- Ensuring all volunteers and execs represent the Centre in an intersectional manner
- Organizing events (booking spaces, event forms, logistics, etc)
- Maintaining general email address and replying promptly to messages
- Managing finances
- Work with the WUSA marketing department to ensure proper promotion of the Centre and all related events and activities
- Attend a bi-weekly meeting with the Services Manager and must submit an end of term report in accordance with the WUSA policies and procedures
- Submit hours tracking and payroll information as required
Requirements and assets for the role:
- Previous experience working with marginalized and minority groups required
- Previous experience within the Women’s Centre is strongly preferred
- A strong understanding of feminist issues including intersectionality
- Must be a current undergraduate student at the University of Waterloo and enrolled in the term(s) indicated
- Must be able to be physically on campus during the term(s) as needed
- Must be committed to fulfilling the required hours to ensure quality of service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a team, engage and motivate
- Able to make timely decisions, independently and with a group
- Strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Knowledge of budgeting and finance
- Knowledge of volunteering and administration
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Respectful of pronouns
- New Coordinators required to virtually attend training with WUSA Services Manager on May 3rd (time TBD) and May 4th (time TBD)
- Returning Coordinators required to virtually attend training with WUSA Services Manager on May 4th (time TBD) only.
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating experience and how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WUSA Women’s Centre Coordinator Spring 2021 Application” by March 14th, 2021.