Copyright © 2019 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Wellness days Coordinator (Winter 2020)
The Wellness Days Coordinator is accountable to the Special Events Coordinator with WUSA to ensure the successful implantation of Wellness Days events.
SCOPE AND NATURE
Wellness Days Coordinator is tasked with managing, training, facilitating and recognizing Wellness Days volunteers with helping students find wellness and balance in their day to day lives. They will also work closely with the WUSA Special Events Coordinator to ensure effective implementation of Wellness Days events throughout the semester and help amplify and promote educational content coming from @yourWUSA, @WlooWarriors, and @UWHealthyU. We are looking for students who buy-in to the concept of wellness, who understand the importance of wellness in student life, and who want to help other find their own wellness practices.
Wellness Days is an initiative among WUSA, Athletics, and Peer Health Education launching in 2018. We are looking for feedback about the program, team member duties, and engagements to help us grow this initiative and see success.
- Be knowledgeable about Wellness Days events
Be able to attend most Wellness Days meetings and be available to assist during at least half of the Wellness Days events throughout the term
- Be available to meet with the Special Events Coordinator to brainstorm Wellness Days events and do event evaluations
- Act as a strong leader and positive role model for the Wellness Days Committee, the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association, and the University of Waterloo
- Provide positive and meaningful interactions with students.
- Assist with the set up and take down of events as required.
- Help provide strategic direction for the Wellness Days program and engagements
- Brainstorm creative ideas and different methods to promote Wellness on campus
- Attend team meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work as a contributing member to the Wellness Days Committee
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to take initiative, participate in team meetings, and promote Welcome Week events
- Must be a full-time student (including co-op) for the duration of the position and/or the following term (i.e. until the end of the Winter 2020 term). Complete any training as required by the Special Events Coordinator and the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
- Winter 2020 Term
- Biweekly meetings with some support with preparation
- Minimum 1.5-3 hours a week and attendance at most Wellness Day events