Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Student Event Coordinator (Virtual Position)
SCOPE AND NATURE
As campus events will be taking place virtually during the Fall 2020 term, WUSA is looking for a creative Student Event Coordinator to support our diverse programming throughout the term. This includes supporting a virtual Fall Welcome Week in September as well as a variety of other events up until December.
This will be a virtual role with weekly check-ins with our WUSA Special Events Coordinator as well as 1-2 hours of independent work and research per week.
- Research into student event trends, guest speakers, event platforms
- Contacting potential event sponsors or other partners
- Creating event surveys and supporting with event reporting
- Other duties as assigned by the Special Events Coordinator
- Must be a full-time undergraduate student (including co-op) for the duration of the position
- Tech-savvy; familiar with virtual event platforms
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; confident in making event inquiries over email and the phone
- Up to date with current student trends in events
- Open-minded and motivated to learning new things
- Must be able to work independently
- Approximately 1-2 hours of event research per week starting mid/late July
- 1-hour weekly meetings with WUSA Special Events Coordinator
- May be a slight increase in hours during event days to help support
For further questions about this role, please contact Kierra Young, Special Events Coordinator at email@example.com.
View and Apply through LEADS.
Application Open: 2020/6/26 3:33 PM [?]
Application Deadline: 2020/7/12 11:59 PM [?]