Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Retail Clerk, International News
Waterloo Undergraduate Students Association, Formerly known as Federation of Students, University of Waterloo.
Hourly Rate: $14.00
Reports To: Manager, International News
Number of Positions: 4-5
International News is located on the campus of the University of Waterloo. It is a 24/7 convenience store that provides students, staff and faculty with a variety of grab and go options, hot entrees, coffee, pastries and traditional convenience store offerings.
We are looking for individuals to work various shifts based on class schedules
General Accountability: Reporting to the Manager, International News, the incumbent will assist in serving customers, stocking products, cleaning and other duties as assigned. Must be available to work evenings, overnights and weekends when required.
Nature and Scope:
It is absolutely vital that the incumbent work with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy when dealing with customers, clients and staff.
The Position will support and protect the goals and policies of the Federation of Students and the University of Waterloo through consultation, coordination and close working relationship with other Assistant Manager’s, members of the Waterloo Undergraduate Students Association management and administration teams.
- Ensure all health, safety, sanitation, and maintenance standards are met.
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working alone when required
- Preparation of all products in an efficient manner to handle daily requirements. Ensure all food is prepared to the highest quality and appropriate levels are maintained to adequately serve customer requirements.
- Assist the Manager with inventory control, cash controls and security of all storage and serving areas.
- Ensure proper rotation of product(s) to minimize waste spoilage.
- May be required to work in other Waterloo Undergraduate Students Association outlets.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of OLG Regulations
- Safe Food Handlers Certificate
- Must have cash handling experience
- Preferred: Available for Wednesday and Thursday morning shifts.
- Please provide your resume and class schedule to International News Manager.