Copyright © 2019 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Night Retail Clerk, International News
Hourly Rate: $15.00 plus .50 night bonus
Reports To: Manager, International News
International News is located on the campus of the University of Waterloo. It is a 24/7 convenience store that provides students, staff and faculty with a variety of grab and go options, hot entrees, coffee, pastries and traditional convenience store offerings.
We are looking for an individual to work 11pm to 7am, 2-3 shifts per week, Wednesday, Thursday and alternating Fridays.
General Accountability: Reporting to the Manager, International News, the incumbent will assist in the management of store during the hours of 11pm to 7am (subject to change at Manager’s discretion) Wednesday-Friday and may assist in the operation of additional outlets as required.
Nature and Scope:
It is absolutely vital that the incumbent work with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy when dealing with customers, clients and staff.
The Position will support and protect the goals and policies of the Federation of Students and the University of Waterloo through consultation, coordination and close working relationship with other Assistant Manager’s, members of the Waterloo Undergraduate Students Association management and administration teams.
- Ensure all health, safety, sanitation, and maintenance standards are met.
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable working alone
- Preparation of all products in an efficient manner to handle daily requirements. Ensure all food is prepared to the highest quality and appropriate levels are maintained to adequately serve customer requirements.
- Assist the Manager with inventory control, cash controls and security of all storage and serving areas.
- Ensure proper rotation of product(s) to minimize waste spoilage.
- This position requires work in non-traditional hours for extended periods of time outside the course of a typical working day.
- May be required to work in other Federation of Student outlets.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of OLG Regulations
- Safe Food Handlers Certificate
- Must have cash handling experience
Please submit your resume to Pat Barlow.