Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Marketing Coordinator – Special Events (Remote position)
The role of Marketing Coordinator – Special Events works with the Marketing Specialist within the WUSA Marketing & Communications department to support WUSA’s special events initiatives, including Welcome Week, WUSA’s Got Talent, and Cultural Caravan.
This position is 8 – 10 hours per week, with at least 50% availability between Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Think creatively to help develop engaging and cost-effective promotional strategies and tactics for WUSA special events, including researching new and innovative ways to promote events.
• Contribute to the creation of marketing campaign plans and reports for WUSA special events.
• Bring student insight and knowledge of the UWaterloo campus community to marketing projects with the ability to work within project/brand guidelines and client feedback.
• Help manage a team of student designers using Microsoft Planner by prioritizing and delegating projects.
• Provide support in the execution of marketing plans before and during events, as needed, to meet project goals.
• An enthusiastic and positive undergraduate student that exudes the qualities of a team player and has an interest in marketing and events.
• An organized multi-tasker who is able to work independently, meet deadlines, and is able to delegate tasks and responsibilities to other team members.
• Possess strong written and oral communication skills, and proofreading abilities.
• Past marketing, design, and/or event experience is considered a strong asset.
• Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects); experience with Office 365 (Teams, Planner, Word, Excel) is considered a strong asset.
• Knowledge about WUSA and how it contributes to student life on campus is considered an asset.
All interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter, resume, term availability and portfolio to email@example.com by Friday April 16, 2021.