Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
The WUSA Marketing Assistant provides support to the Marketing Manager and the marketing department in meeting its goals of enhancing student awareness of WUSA and building our knowledge base on Waterloo students.
WUSA values your education; applicants can except to work 8 to 10 hours per week with priority given to your studies. Pay for this role is $15 per hour.
This role will work remotely while Waterloo campus is closed. A solid internet connection and home work station is essential.
If you qualify for OSAP in Ontario, please apply through the Work Study Program Applications
- Enthusiastic and positive undergraduate student looking for a future in marketing, design and/or social research
- Organized multi-tasker who is able to work independently, meet deadlines, and can delegate tasks and responsibilities to other team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and proofreading abilities
- Strong knowledge base of WUSA and its programs, services and initiatives; broad understanding of the university student experience is an asset
- Creative and unconventional thinker, who can improve the relationship between WUSA and Waterloo students
- Solid team player, who can work collaboratively with all members of the WUSA Marketing Department on an array of tasks and projects
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign); knowledge of Office 365 and Teams is considered an asset
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Marketing Assistant has a number of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Supporting the Marketing Manager on projects for the marketing department and WUSA at large; including updating brand documents, providing marketing ideas for campaigns/initiatives/social media content, seeking out quotes for requested marketing materials, and managing design requests
- Assisting with creation of Marketing Action Plans and summaries for projects
- Assisting with budget tracking and other special projects as necessary
- Supporting research of Waterloo undergraduates; help WUSA understand the opinions, needs, and feedback from our students to help better our relationship
- Edit design files in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
Please email your application to Marketing Manager, Alexander Kelley. Your resume and portfolio of creative work & projects would be appreciated. School projects are fine to include; please make it clear which aspects you were responsible for.
Thank you for considering this role. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.