Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Kitchen Prep – Morning Shifts
Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for preparing and packaging the various items that the Kitchen prepares. This position helps maintain production, efficiency, quality, consistency, and sanitation of the kitchen environment. The Prep Kitchen services all of Federation of Students, clubs, societies, and commercial services e.g. International News and Campus Bubble. The successful applicant will take direction and report directly to the Food Operations Manager.
- Responsible for creating and packaging food for distribution across campus
- Help maintain waste control, proper food portioning, dating and rotation of food items
- Maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen environment
- Knowledge of kitchen and counter equipment, maintenance and safe handling procedures
Job Requirements and Special Skills:
- This position is specifically for the hours of 7am – 12pm weekdays and weekends
- Good knife skills and knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Experience working in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Familiarity with safe food handling procedures
- First Aid certificate an asset
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Mike Ulmer.