Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Glow Centre Coordinator (2 Term Contract – Spring 2021 & Fall 2021)
Service Description: Glow is the oldest continuously-run LGBTQ2+ student organization in Canada. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, we offer a wide variety of discussion groups, social events, advocacy opportunities, awareness campaigns, resources, and LGBTQ+ information.
Job title: Coordinator, Glow Centre (2 Term Contract – Spring 2021 & Fall 2021)
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: WUSA Services Manager
Weekly Hours: Up to 25/Hrs per week
Rate: $16.00 /hr
Effective date: May 3rd, 2021
End Date: December 23rd, 2021
Benefits of Working for the Glow Centre:
Coordinating allows you to make decisions with your exec team to better the functioning of Glow, and to work towards representing the LGBTQ2+ community on campus as accurately as possible. You will gain invaluable experience with working in a team, working within a budget, creating and planning events, and overseeing the functioning of an entire service!
Role Description: The coordinators are responsible for the overall day-to-day administration and operations of Glow, the organizational culture, volunteer management, training and development, and external representation of Glow on campus.
- Overall logistics and general operations of Glow including the physical space and safety for all volunteers and visitors
- Supervision, training and support for the exec and volunteers
- Organizing Glow events (booking spaces, event forms, logistics, etc)
- Maintaining general Glow email address and replying promptly to messages
- Managing Glow's finances
- Work with the WUSA marketing department to ensure proper promotion of the Glow Centre and all related events and activities
- Attend a bi-weekly meeting with the Services Manager and must submit an end of term report in accordance with the WUSA policies and procedures
- Submit hours tracking and payroll information as required
Requirements and assets for the role:
- Previous experience working with marginalized and minority groups required
- Previous experience within the Glow Centre is strongly preferred
- A strong understanding of Queer culture and LGBTQ2+ issues including intersectionality
- Must be a current undergraduate student at the University of Waterloo and enrolled in the term(s) indicated
- Must be able to be physically on campus during the term(s) as needed
- Must be committed to fulfilling the required hours to ensure quality of service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a team, engage and motivate
- Able to make timely decisions, independently and with a group
- Strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Knowledge of budgeting and finance
- Knowledge of volunteering and administration
- Strong knowledge of social media
- Respectful of pronouns
- New Coordinators required to virtually attend training with WUSA Services Manager on May 3rd (time TBD) and May 4th (time TBD)
- Returning Coordinators required to virtually attend training with WUSA Services Manager on May 4th (time TBD) only.
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating experience and how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WUSA Glow Centre Coordinator Spring 2021 Application” by March 14th, 2021.