Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Digital Media Coordinator
*This is a remote position.
WUSA is hiring a Digital Media Coordinator for the spring term!
As a member of the WUSA Marketing and Communications department, the Digital Media Coordinator will work closely with and provide support to the Digital Media Specialist for 15 hours a week.
- Have a strong understanding of social media platforms and experience creating engaging social media content on platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Experience with content calendars and social campaign development
- Have demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Have excellent communication and organization skills
- Be able to manage several projects concurrently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work without regular supervision
- Experience with photography
- Experience with graphic design or visual content creation (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, etc)
- Experience with video filming, or editing an asset but not required
- Experience with social media scheduling tools (Hootsuite, Socialbakers) an asset but not required
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Help write and schedule content for the main WUSA social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Help brainstorm, curate and develop content and campaigns
- Provide social media monitoring
- Support social media and web analytics reporting
- Assist with any special projects as assigned
All interested undergraduates should apply through the Ontario Work Study Program.
Please submit your resume to the Communications & Media Relations Manager.