Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Campus Response Team Coordinator – Administration - (1 Term Contract – Winter 2021)
Service Description: Established in 1998, the Campus Response Team (CRT) is a student-run service that provides support to the University of Waterloo campus. By offering their services to all major events and activities taking place on campus, CRT plays a crucial role in the safety of students. Through rigorous training of its members, CRT is equipped to provide assistance in emergency situations requiring First Aid and CPR. In cases of more serious emergencies that may occur during an event, CRT responders are trained to take charge of a scene and provide the initial response prior to the arrival of Emergency Medical Services (EMS).
Note: Qualified internal candidate already in the role
Job title: Coordinator - Administration, CRT (1 Term Contract – Winter 2021)
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: WUSA Services Manager
Weekly Hours: Up to 20/Hrs per week
Rate: $16.00 /hr
Effective date: January 4th, 2021
End Date: April 30, 2021
Benefits of Working for the CRT:
- Firsthand experience building and responding to First Air scenarios
- Build on interpersonal skills including communication, organization, and time management through responsibilities
- Connect with like-minded peers
- Opportunities to support the campus community
- As a leader in the UW community, have the opportunity to make campus safer
The UWCRT Service Coordinator – Administration is responsible for the oversight and management of all financial and logistical UWCRT affairs. The Coordinator will be in charge of accounting for all team expenses in close consultation with the other members of the Executive Committee and Executive Team. Both Coordinators will be responsible for the overall operation and advancement of the team.
- Attend and manage all Executive Team meetings and regular trainings.
- Hold scheduled office hours every week.
- Participate in Interview Weekend and help with Rookie Selection.
- Book and facilitate UWCRT Advisory Board meetings.
- Write budget proposals, apply to special project funds, and advocate on behalf of the team.
- Work with the Service Coordinator – Operations and the Director(s) of Research and Development to advance the team’s long-term plan
- Oversee the Directors of Administration, Director of Research and Development and Director of Scheduling
- Work with the WUSA marketing department to ensure proper promotion of the service and all related events and activities
- Attend a bi-weekly meeting with the Services Manager and must submit an end of term report in accordance with the WUSA policies and procedures
- Submit hours tracking and payroll information as required
Requirements and assets for the role:
- Must have previously held a CRT executive position – required
- Must be a CRT member in good standing
- Must be a current undergraduate student at the University of Waterloo and enrolled in the term(s) indicated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge/experiences in managing social media is an asset
- Past leadership and/or budgeting and finance experience outside of CRT is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to keep a level head and open mind.
- Advanced first aid qualifications (Paramedic, SFA Instructor, AMFR, EMR, FR, etc.) are an asset but are not required
- Ability to maintain contact and relationships with a variety of departments on campus
- Must be able to be physically on campus during the term(s) as needed
- Must be committed to fulfilling the required hours to ensure quality of service
- Ability to lead a team, engage and motivate
- Knowledge of budgeting and finances
- Required to attend training with WUSA Services Manager prior to official start date (dates TBA)
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating experience and how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WUSA CRT Administration Coordinator Winter 2021 Application”. Applications due no later than November 8th, 2020.