Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Off Campus Community (OCC) Coordinator – 1 Position Available
Service Description: Off Campus Community is a WUSA service for first and upper-year students living off campus. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, it organizes a portion of Orientation Week, social and educational events throughout the school year to connect off-campus students.
Job title: Coordinator, OCC (3 Term Contract) – 1 Position Available
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: WUSA Services Manager
Weekly Hours: Up to 15/Hrs per week
Rate: $16.00 /hr
Effective date: May 3rd, 2021
End Date: April 30th, 2022
Benefits of Working for OCC:
- Networking with a variety of on campus leaders
- Build supervisory skills
- Manage a team of dedicated volunteers
- Creative collaborations to engage in meaningful event planning
Role Description: The ICSN coordinator is responsible for developing and maintaining the overall vision and goals of ICSN. The role is responsible for managing and motivation the team of volunteers and executives as well as creating exciting events and engaging activities aimed particularly at connecting international and exchange students with the Canadian experience.
- Manage and oversee all Dons including training, weekly check-ins and communications
- Manage and oversee all events and activities to ensure that execs and dons are fulfilling their responsibilities in line with our mission and respond to their questions.
- Financial accountability and management
- Create partnerships with various groups and departments on campus to strengthen and enhance the service
- Manage the budget for the term
- Coordinate team building and appreciation initiatives throughout the term
- Respond in a timely manner to any inquiries through email and social media
- Hiring and training of the Executives to: Staff Office hours, organize on-campus promotion, maintain Social media platforms
- Attend Orientation training as needed
- Plan Orientation programming for OCC and create action plans
- Attend a bi-weekly meeting with the Services Manager and must submit an end of term report in accordance with the WUSA policies and procedures
- Submit hours tracking and payroll information as required
Requirements and assets for the role:
- Strong understanding of the off-campus student experience at the University of Waterloo
- All applicants must take part in an academic screening to ensure they are in an appropriate academic standing for the position. Must complete OLT training.
- Must be a current undergraduate student at the University of Waterloo and enrolled in the term(s) indicated
- Previous OCC Don experience is required
- Previous event management and planning experience an asset
- Strong volunteer management skills and proven leadership attributes
- Must be committed to fulfilling the required hours to ensure quality of service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a team, engage and motivate
- Able to make timely decisions, independently and with a group
- Strong interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Previous budgeting and financial experience an asset
- New Coordinators required to virtually attend training with WUSA Services Manager on May 3rd (time TBD) and May 4th (time TBD)
- Returning Coordinators required to virtually attend training with WUSA Services Manager on May 4th (time TBD) only.
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating experience and how you meet the requirements of the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “WUSA OCC Coordinator Spring 2021 Application”. Applications due no later than March 14th, 2021.