Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Supporting those Affected by the Indian Farmer Protest
International students are a integral part of our vibrant community. Therefore, in this time of unprecedented uncertainty, you can be certain of our continued support to all students, within and outside of Canada and the challenges you may face.
Today, we recognize many of our students are being affected by the Indian Farmer Protest and the violence and brutality many farmers and citizens are enduring because of it. We are committed to listening to undergraduate students, and the concerns they’ve raised about these recent events and the impact it has had on many.
We understand that your daily life has been interrupted and affected in ways we may never fully understand.
We want you to know that we are here for you and support you.
If you are in need of someone to talk to, reach out to:
- Counselling Services - 519-888-4567 ext. 32655
- Health Services - Student Medical Clinic - 519-888-4096
- Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion Resources
- MATES peer support program – email email@example.com
Off campus emergency resources
- Go to the nearest hospital or safe place
- Call a local help line
- Empower Me, Mental Health Resources - 1-833-628-5589
- Counselling available via phone, video, and in person
- Available 24/7, 365 days in 22 countries worldwide
- India: 0008000403798