Copyright © 2019 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Chief Science Advisor’s Youth Council
The office of the Chief Science Advisor is seeking candidates for a potential Chief Science Advisor’s Youth Council (CSA-YC) open to Youth, Canadian and non-Canadians working in Canada, between the ages of 18-30 interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and their societal dimensions.
The mandate of this council is to:
- Provide accurate and balanced views to the Chief Science Advisor (CSA) from the perspective of youth.
- Identify and inform the CSA on key issues and challenges facing the Canadian science community
- Participate in Science Advice recommendations
- Advise on and take part in outreach activities of the Office of the Chief Science Advisor
Involvement in the Advisor’s Youth Council (CSA-YC):
- Council members will be meeting in person once or twice a year and the remainder of the meetings and work will be conducted via an online portal.
- Participants can expect a time commitment of 1-2 days per month and a mandate period of 2 years.
- Travel costs to in person meetings will be covered.
To express you interest in applying please complete this application form.
Deadline: Sunday June 18 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time
For any questions, please contact:
Science Policy Analyst, Office of the Chief Science Advisor/ Government of Canada