Service Description: Welcome to the WUSA Thrift Store – one of WUSA’s newest on-campus sustainability projects! We are looking for folks with a passion for sustainability and fashion to help us bring accessible and resourceful ways for students to get involved in creating a greener university experience. With this, the WUSA Thrift Store hopes to offer alternatives to fast fashion, and accessible clothing at a reduced price.
Benefits of Volunteering with the Thrift Store: Spend your volunteer time meeting like-minded people and educating others on accessible sustainable options. Our team of volunteers will be able to share their opinions and their ideas for making an inclusive sustainable environment! Additionally, we will have many opportunities for volunteers to interact with their teammates and spend time together working on sustainability projects, or in team socials! All volunteers will also receive an appreciation gift at the end of the semester for their amazing work with us.
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Thrift Store Manager
Effective date: September 7th, 2022 – December 7th 2022
Weekly Time Commitment: 1-5 hours per week, including a weekly executive meeting
Job title: Social Media and Marketing Director – The WUSA Thrift Store
Job Description: The Social Media and Marketing Director is responsible for the promotion and marketing of the Thrift Store and its sustainability objectives, including sales, sustainability tips, information on clothing drives and implementation of marketing plans to promote events and information about additional sustainable topics.
– Skills and knowledge of social media platforms (TikTok, Instagram) is a must; previous work experience managing social media platforms is considered an asset
– Passion for and experience in sustainability
– Good organization, communication, and time management skills
– Ability to work independently
– Availability throughout the week to manage posts and interact online
– Knowledge of WUSA and the UWaterloo community, academic policies, and procedures is considered an asset
– Experience using basic design software (such as Canva) is an asset
– Manage and keep the store’s social pages up to date
– Represent the Thrift Store online
– Work with WUSA Marketing in the creation of promotional materials, as well as completing some design work
– Assist in the promotion of the weekly events committee and stay in communication with the executives and volunteers running the events
– Share content from related organizations to cross-promote events and educational materials
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.