– Keep track of number of students accessing MATES services, through inputting monthly “Contact Summary Sheets” into an Excel file (if applicable)
– Ensure all office hours in your assigned office are filled and attended by the volunteers (if applicable)
– Answer volunteer questions and assist them to fill shifts when they need coverage
– Ensure that volunteer check-in procedures are followed, and records of volunteer hours are maintained according to established procedures (if applicable)
– Weekly office checks to ensure office is supplied as needed (e.g., promotional materials, resources, contact sheets, etc.) (if applicable)
– Check assigned offices regularly for cleanliness (if applicable)
– Provide support for the Coordinators and Volunteers during the transition to in person operations, according to the return to campus plan and public health guidelines
Requirements for the role:
– Passion for mental health awareness, reducing stigma for mental illness and a strong proponent of peer support
– Attention to detail and organizational skills are imperative
– Personable and able to develop a positive rapport with individuals and Volunteers.
– Able to work collaboratively and independently in a team environment
– Previous training in Mental Health First Aid, SafeTALK, UWaterloo Student Leadership Training, Foundational Training for Peer Leaders or other similar training is an asset
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.