Service Description: The International & Canadian Student Network is a WUSA student-run service on campus. If you’re seeking to have a great experience at uWaterloo beyond academics and beyond borders, then this is the service for you! We aim to make all local, international and exchange students feel welcome here at the University and in Waterloo. Throughout each term we will be creating fun opportunities for you to make meaningful connections with people from around the world!
Benefits of Volunteering with ICSN:
– Volunteers are able to work with people of diverse culture
– It is an opportunity to materialize ideas in weekly events
– There is a volunteer appreciation event at the end of term
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Coordinators – ICSN
Effective date: May 2023 – August 2023
– Attend as many ICSN events as possible and engage students during those events so that we are well connected with our student audience.
– Identify current interests/needs of the international and exchange student body, to initiate discussion among other executive members. (i.e., potential events that ICSN should host, how to engage better with international students, find creative ways to reach out to Canadian students, etc.)
– Survey creation, data collection and data analysis in any capacity for the ICSN.
– Work with the Publicity and Marketing Director to support event research and brainstorming when necessary.
Requirements and assets for an executive:
– Time commitment of 7-15 hrs/week
– Excellent organization and time-management skills
– Being an open-minded self-starter
– Able to interact professionally with WUSA and the University administration
– Enjoy working in a team environment, willing to share creative ideas
– Strong enthusiasm towards promoting cultural diversity in uWaterloo community
– Willing to be frequently engaged on social media platforms (ie. Facebook page, Instagram)
– Have good internet connection/ access to a social media account – High commitment to mandatory weekly reportings and required paperwork at meetings
– May be required to be available on-campus for in-person office hours
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.