Service Description: The International & Canadian Student Network is a WUSA student-run service on campus. If you’re seeking to have a great experience at uWaterloo beyond academics and beyond borders, then this is the service for you! We aim to make all local, international and exchange students feel welcome here at the University and in Waterloo. Throughout each term we will be creating fun opportunities for you to make meaningful connections with people from around the world!
Benefits of Volunteering with ICSN:
– Volunteers are able to work with people of diverse culture
– It is an opportunity to materialize ideas in weekly events
– There is a volunteer appreciation event at the end of term
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Coordinators – ICSN
Effective date: May 2023
– The creative process for brainstorming and designing possible events. Decisions and what type of event we run will be in conjunction with the entire Exec team.
– Planning and executing all events
– Building tactics to raise attendance numbers at events and broadening events so that we are inclusive of many people/cultures.
– Taking the lead on organizing and preparing the ICSN team for any university related booths or partnership events that require ICSN participation (ie. Go Abroad Fair, WUSA Open House, Get Involved Fair, Orientation Week).
– Managing special projects that support the objectives of ICSN and dependent on the needs of the International/Exchange student community.
– Taking the lead on creating a project schedule, timeline, and budget for proposed projects.
– Integrating with other executives to ensure the project is sustainable, necessary and wanted by the student population.
Requirements and assets for an executive:
– Time commitment of 7-15 hrs/week
– Excellent organization and time-management skills
– Being an open-minded self-starter
– Able to interact professionally with WUSA and the University administration
– Enjoy working in a team environment, willing to share creative ideas
– Strong enthusiasm towards promoting cultural diversity in uWaterloo community
– Willing to be frequently engaged on social media platforms (ie. Facebook page, Instagram)
– Have good internet connection/ access to a social media account – High commitment to mandatory weekly reportings and required paperwork at meetings
– May be required to be available on-campus for in-person office hours
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.