Service Description: Glow is the oldest continually-running university-based 2SLGBTQ+ group in Canada. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, Glow promotes a healthy attitude towards all sexual/romantic orientations and gender identities on the UWaterloo campus by providing a wide variety of peer support, social events, advocacy work, and resources.
Benefits of Volunteering with Glow: The experience of working with a wonderful team, to create and provide a safe space for the queer and trans community on campus! Also, we have exec socials once a month, and a fun exec appreciation gift of your choosing at the end of the semester!
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Coordinators – Glow
Effective date: May 1st, 2023
Weekly Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week, including a weekly executive meeting
Job title: Volunteer Engagement Director – The Glow Centre for Sexual and Gender Diversity
Job Description: The Volunteer Engagement Director is responsible for organizing social events for Glow’s exec and volunteers that enable them to build community networks through both large-scale and small-scale social events. They are also responsible for surveying volunteers and compiling information that Glow uses to ensure greater continuity to Glow services and events.
General Requirements for Glow Executives:
– Previous volunteer experience with Glow
– Attending the weekly executive meeting and responding to emails within 24 hours
– Inclusive of minority and marginalized groups
– Reliability and professionalism
– Organizational and time-management skills
– Respectful of pronouns
– Organize and plan social networking events for general volunteers and the exec team
– Ensure continuity between terms
– Taking minutes at executive meetings
– Host volunteer begging, midterm, and end of the term reviews and compile data into sharable document
– Work through internal feedback and help direct the future of -Glow with directions from them volunteer’s feedback
– Arrange and plan the volunteer appreciation gifts in conjunction with the Internal
– Enthusiasm for event planning
– Ability to work within a budget
– Strong organizational skills
– Note-taking skills
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.