Service Description: Glow is the oldest continually-running university-based 2SLGBTQ+ group in Canada. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, Glow promotes a healthy attitude towards all sexual/romantic orientations and gender identities on the UWaterloo campus by providing a wide variety of peer support, social events, advocacy work, and resources.
Benefits of Volunteering with Glow: The experience of working with a wonderful team, to create and provide a safe space for the queer and trans community on campus! Also, we have exec socials once a month, and a fun exec appreciation gift of your choosing at the end of the semester!
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Coordinators – Glow
Effective date: September 7th, 2022
Weekly Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week, including a weekly executive meeting
Job title: Social Media and Marketing Director – The Glow Centre for Sexual and Gender Diversity
Job Description: The Social Media and Marketing Director is responsible for the promotion and marketing of Glow as an organization and its services, including coordination and implementation of marketing plans to promote events and information about 2SLGBTQ+ topics.
General Requirements for Glow Executives:
– Previous volunteer experience with Glow
– Attending the weekly executive meeting and responding to emails within 24 hours
– Inclusive of minority and marginalized groups
– Reliability and professionalism
– Organizational and time-management skills
– Respectful of pronouns
– Manage and keep Glow’s Facebook and Instagram pages up to date
– Represent the Glow Centre online
– Follow the Glow Social Media Strategic Plan to promote Glow and its events every term, tracking results and adjusting content as needed.
– Work with WUSA Marketing in the creation of promotional materials, as well as completing some design work
– Work with WUSA Marketing and IT to ensure Glow website is up-to-date
– Assist in the promotion of the weekly events committee and stay in communication with the executives and volunteers running the events
– Work with the Advocacy and Inclusion directors to develop content for queer and trans awareness days (such as Coming Out Day, Pride Days, etc.)
– Share content from related organizations to cross-promote events and educational materials
– Social media experience (Facebook, Instagram, and Instagram stories)
– Experience managing a non-personal page is an asset
– Experience using basic design software (such as Canva) is an asset
– Creativity and humor
– Availability throughout the week to manage posts and interact online
– Enthusiasm and sociability
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.