Service Description: Glow is the oldest continually-running university-based 2SLGBTQ+ group in Canada. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, Glow promotes a healthy attitude towards all sexual/romantic orientations and gender identities on the UWaterloo campus by providing a wide variety of peer support, social events, advocacy work, and resources.
Benefits of Volunteering with Glow: The experience of working with a wonderful team, to create and provide a safe space for the queer and trans community on campus! Also, we have exec socials once a month, and a fun exec appreciation gift of your choosing at the end of the semester!
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Coordinators – Glow
Effective date: September 7th , 2022
Weekly Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week, including a weekly executive meeting
Job title: Operations Director – The Glow Centre for Sexual and Gender Diversity
Job Description: The Operations Director is responsible for Glow’s library operations, the upkeep of Glow’s space, and assisting with the running of weekly events.
General Requirements for Glow Executives:
– Previous volunteer experience with Glow
– Attending the weekly executive meeting and responding to emails within 24 hours
– Inclusive of minority and marginalized groups
– Reliability and professionalism
– Organizational and time-management skills
– Respectful of pronouns
– Ensure safer sex supplies are fully stocked
– Library liaising/maintenance and upkeep
– Procure and ensure sufficient supplies for Glow daily operations, weekly events, and major events
– Ensuring the Glow Centre stays clean and organized (eg. Vacuum, garbage, recycle)
– Assist the coordinators in their specific job functions (eg. Budget tracking, event booking) when requested
– Assist the executive in their specific job functions when requested
– Able to commit to spending time in the centre frequently
– You will be required to come to campus to maintain the library at least once a week [if public/university health guideline permit]
– Passionate about education on queer and trans issues
– Open to volunteer suggestions
– Enthusiasm for reading and literature
– Ability to work within a budget
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.