Service Description: Glow is the oldest continually-running university-based 2SLGBTQ+ group in Canada. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, Glow promotes a healthy attitude towards all sexual/romantic orientations and gender identities on the UWaterloo campus by providing a wide variety of peer support, social events, advocacy work, and resources.
Benefits of Volunteering with Glow: The experience of working with a wonderful team, to create and provide a safe space for the queer and trans community on campus! Also, we have exec socials once a month and a fun exec appreciation gift of your choosing at the end of the semester!
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Coordinators – Glow
Effective date: September 7th, 2022
Weekly Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week, including a weekly executive meeting
Job title: Internal Director – The Glow Centre for Sexual and Gender Diversity
Job Description: The Internal Director is responsible for overseeing the volunteers and organizing the internal activities of Glow such as schedules, meetings, and office resources.
General Requirements for Glow Executives:
– Previous volunteer experience with Glow
– Attending the weekly executive meeting and responding to emails within 24 hours
– Inclusive of minority and marginalized groups
– Reliability and professionalism
– Organizational and time-management skills
– Respectful of pronouns
– Act as the first point of contact between the exec team and volunteers
– Explore ways for the exec team to better support and connect with volunteers
– Create and assign volunteer shifts for regular office hours, peer support hours, and other events
– Assist in the planning of weekly events in the weekly events committee
– Ability to deal with delicate situations
– Ability to discipline volunteers
– Able to commit to spending time in the centre frequently
– Maintain the volunteer strike system and points system
– Availability throughout the week to adjust the shifts
– You are required to be available to work during the hours that glow operates
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.