Service Description: Glow is the oldest continually-running university-based 2SLGBTQ+ group in Canada. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, Glow promotes a healthy attitude towards all sexual/romantic orientations and gender identities on the UWaterloo campus by providing a wide variety of peer support, social events, advocacy work, and resources.
Benefits of Volunteering with Glow:
Meeting cool new people, and helping others find a space to fit in and be themselves! Not to mention, we have volunteer socials every month (with free snacks!) and a volunteer appreciation gift at the end of the semester for your amazing work with us.
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) student-run service
Reports to: Coordinators and Executives – Glow
Effective date: May 1st, 2023
Weekly Time Commitment: 2-5 hours a week, depending on the number of shifts you choose
– This is not an approval-based application – there are no interviews. This is simply a registration form in which we will use to further notify you about training
– If you prefer, an interview can be done over the phone/ video call, should you decide that the online application is not for you.
– Our centre is wheelchair accessible – the ramp that allows entrance is by the southern SLC entrance next to the patio.
– All volunteers are expected to uphold our three policies to ensure a safe and welcoming space for all centre users. You can learn more about our policies on our website, found here.
– You can volunteer to do peer support, facilitate weekly events, and hold office hours.
Requirements and assets for the role:
– Understanding of or willingness to learn about inclusion, safe spaces, diversity, and intersectionality.
– Reliability and professionalism
– Organizational and time-management skills
– Respectful of pronouns
Please note that you will be expected to attend our mandatory training. Our volunteer training date is January 21st, 2023. The training will not be recorded and if you do not attend the training you will not be qualified to volunteer.
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.