Service Description: Glow is the oldest continually-running university-based 2SLGBTQ+ group in Canada. Run entirely by dedicated student volunteers, Glow promotes a healthy attitude towards all sexual/romantic orientations and gender identities on the UWaterloo campus by providing a wide variety of peer support, social events, advocacy work, and resources.
Department: Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA) Student-Run Service
Reports to: Coordinators – Glow
Effective date: May 1st, 2023
Weekly Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week, including a weekly executive meeting
Job title: External Director – The Glow Centre for Sexual and Gender Diversity
Job Description: The External Director is responsible for connecting with other organizations in the community, including but not limited to queer and trans student groups at other universities. They will keep these connections intact by going to community events frequently.
General Requirements for Glow Executives:
– Previous volunteer experience with Glow
– Attending the weekly executive meeting and responding to emails within 24 hours
– Inclusive of minority and marginalized groups
– Reliability and professionalism
– Organizational and time-management skills
– Respectful of pronouns
– Act as the key point of contact between the Glow Centre and other UW and/or KW organizations
– Use Glow’s social media to contact organizations, and respond to messages on social media
– Connect and explore outreach opportunities between Glow and external resources
– Invite external organizations to join and participate in Glow’s events.
– Communicate and collaborate with Internal, Social, Inclusion, and Operations directors and weekly event facilitators for matters regarding external organizations
– Connect with the region’s rainbow organizations, and represent Glow at meetings held by the Rainbow Community Council, Gender and Sexual Diversity Working Group, and others
– Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about queer and trans issues
– Good email communication skills
– Ability to commit time to attending events in the community and representing Glow outside of UW
To apply for this job please visit forms.office.com.