Copyright © 2019 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
WUSA is here to offer you information, resources and support to ensure you have the tools you need.
Election & Referendum Procedures
First things first, make sure you review the Elections & Referenda Procedures to learn about your budget*, rules for campaigning, allegations and appeals, and more.
*WUSA will cover the cost of running a campaign for WUSA Executive and Students' Council candidates. Senate candidates can find budget information in Senate Bylaw 3 (see section 2.02c) opens an external site .
Allegations & Appeals
Stay up-to-date on any allegations during the election.
Remember all the fun things we talked about at the All Candidates Meeting? Good memories. Everything you need is right here, as promised.
Candidate Elections Logo:
Make sure this logo is used on your campaign posters, we also encourage you to use it on any other printed campaign materials.
Don’t forget to submit your information to ensure you’re featured on our site and included in any print materials.
While there is no deadline to submit this information, remember that these pages are being promoted from the start of campaign period right until the end. It can take up to three business days for your information to be uploaded to the site. In order to guarantee your information is included in any WUSA print materials be sure to submit before the date stated at the All Candidates Meeting.
Poster Printing and Rules:
We are happy to provide printing services for candidates in the WUSA election.
Submit your request.
Log into request.feds.ca Opens an external site to submit your design request through “Marketing Requests”.
Include the following details.
- Candidate name or team this is being billed to
- How many would you like printed?
- What paper size would you like it printed on? We have:
- Letter – 8 ½” x 11”
- Legal – 8 ½” x 14”
- Tabloid – 11” x 17"
- Would you like the printing to be in black & white or colour?
- Any other relevant details?
- When do you plan to pick them up? (Note that they may not be ready for 24 business hours, we will respond to your request when they are ready for pick up)
- A PDF attachment containing the file you want printed.
Our Marketing team will contact you, to ask any questions via email, and let you know when you can pick up your finished print request from SLC 1116.
$0.09 - 8.5" x 11" - Black & White
$0.20 - 8.5" x 11" - Colour
$0.09 - 8.5" x 14" - Black & White
$0.20 - 8.5" x 14" - Colour
$0.17 - 11" x 17" - Black & White
$0.39 - 11" x 17" – Colour
Poster Rules at Waterloo
Posters and other promotional materials are allowed at the discretion of Waterloo Plant Operations
- Review Plant Operations policies Opens an external site
- Don't hang things up on walls or surfaces with harmful materials, such as duct tape or glue, for example. Clear plastic/packing tape is not permissible on most surfaces, so be sure to use masking tape.
- Make sure the logo is visible on your posters
- Don’t forget to leave time to clean-up your campaign materials on results day!