- Interest and Relevance: proposal should demonstrate a benefit to the overall student experience. Applicants should clearly state how their project or attendance at a conference will benefit the entire student body. For example, attending a conference and holding workshops on campus on the conference material.
- Capability: should demonstrate capable management of the intended project.
- Need: should demonstrate financial need for the project to go ahead.
- Usability: should demonstrate a plan for continued use of any items to be purchased (refer to Guidelines for Equipment Purchases below).
- Due Diligence: proposal should demonstrate diligence in presenting its budget (at least three quotes or alternatives are expected to be submitted to the committee, where possible), finding funding sources, and other specific criteria.
- Course Credit: funding is only granted for non-academic projects.
- Charitable Funding: the IFC does not make charitable donations and will sponsor all events based solely on their merits of the above guidelines.
- Intangibles: (i.e. meals, etc.) are funded on a case-by-case basis.
- Alternative Funding Sources: the fund is treated as a “last chance” fund. Applicants must either show that they have looked elsewhere for funding or that there are no other funding options available and should be prepared to spend some of their own money (for conferences) if able.
- Application Submitted After Event: will generally not fund.
- End-of-Term Formals: will generally not fund.
Guidelines for Equipment Purchases:
- Everyone on campus should be able to access or benefit from the use of the equipment.
- The equipment must always be stored on campus in approved areas (i.e. not in residences).
- The equipment must be relevant to student interests.
- Example: Camera
Guidelines for Conferences:
- The proposal must demonstrate how participants’ attendance will benefit the general student population.
- Plans to bring knowledge from the conference back to campus (i.e. through workshops or presentations) should be clearly outlined.
- Food and travel expenses for conferences will be funded on a case-by-case basis.