To change your name after having enrolled at the University of Waterloo, complete a Change of Name Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office (2nd Floor, Needles Hall).
- If you have changed your name legally, fill out the first page of the name change form and submit it with a photocopy of your government-issued change of name certificate.
- If you have not changed your name legally, you will need to fill out the second page, have it signed by a Commissioner of Oaths and state why you are changing your name. The Commissioners are free for students and located just above the Registrar’s Office.
- TIP to save money: Commissioners of Oaths can sign your legal name change documents as well where it needs a Commissioner of Oaths!
- In a few days your records (Quest, transcripts, Learn, WatCard (you may pick up a new one, similar to a change of Faculty), etc. will all be changed. If you need to change your Quest user ID/email you will need to contact the computer center for your Faculty and they can set up a new Quest user ID/email account which corresponds with your name.
To change your records to accurately reflect your gender identity:
- To change your student records to accurately reflect your gender identity, complete a Gender Update Form. In a few days your Quest record will be changed.