Copyright © 2020 Federation of Students, University of Waterloo operating as Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association
Stock The Bank Challenge
The Student Food Bank presents our first ever Stock the Bank Challenge!
Stock the Bank is a three-week long challenge where self-formed teams compete against each other to see who can raise the most non-perishable food items/cash using any creative strategies that they can think of.
Take on other departments and see who the true champion is!
This year, Student Food Bank is organizing our first ever Stock the Bank Challenge. This is your department or faculty’s opportunity to shine! Compete against others on campus to see who is truly the most generous. Think of creative ways to raise funds for purchasing items that the Food Bank needs. You can donate cash ($1= 1 point), or non perishable food items (1 item = 1 point or items from our Needs List* = 5 points).
The collection campaign will run Monday, November 11 - Friday, November 29 (a three week period). Each day we will provide updates via social media, and email to team captains with your team’s current standing so you can see where you rank against the other teams competing.
On top of the best bragging rights of the year, the top collection team has the opportunity to win a $50 gift card from Sobeys and receive the prestigious, never-seen-before Golden Can! It’s the least we can do in this season of giving. All participating departments will receive a thank you at the end of the challenge. Awards for winning teams will be recognized during that time.
As a Team Captain
Your role is to motivate your team, liaise with other Captains on your team, and come up with a strategy.
- Put your donation box in a prominent place in your office
- Keep the competition on the minds and in the hearts of your team mates
- Fill up your donation box and organize fundraisers
- Check your email/Daily Bulletin and social media for your stats and share to motivate support
We thank you in advance for your generous participation.
5 POINTS FOR:
- Canned Meats (Turkey, Ham, Tuna, Salmon, Chicken)
- Small Jars of Peanut Butter
- Canned Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, Green Beans, Potatoes, Corn; does not include baked beans)
- Boxes of Granola/Cereal Bars
3 POINTS FOR:
- Pasta Sauce & Canned Pasta
- Pasta & Rice (Not Family Size)
- Side Dishes (Rice & Pasta - No Milk Required)
- Gluten Free Items
- Reusable Cloth Grocery Bags
- Canned Stews (ie. Campbell’s Chunky)
1 POINT FOR:
- Everything else
- Monetary Donations (1 dollar = 1 point)
*All items must be able to be purchased individually to count for separate points. Please purchase the most distant Expiry/Best Before Dates Possible
~ Thank you!